Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Real or surreal

Many a times we realize how reality is not what we believe it is. It is something that is constructed painfully and thereby mediated to a person/a group. Reality is what your mother will try not to tell you till you have the first heartbreak, the first tryst with eve teasers or the first dissapointment in the curve of your life. Reality is sheltered and often not revealed till it is demanded to be revealed. I shall draw upon my personal experience largely to substantiate the point I am trying to make. Many a times we walk into a space that we have great expectations from it may be a personal space/relationship or a proffessional space/ work space or it may even be a spiritual space/mental space etc etc.. And many a times we try and percieve a reality that keeps us going on a day to day basis. We kick start our machinery every morning in this hope that today I am entering this space with XYZ on my mind. And I will do my best. But what if, when reality is revealed, it says all that you percieved or all that you did for the sake of this space was not required! It often raises a lot of questions. Why did I create and be part of this space? Why on earth I didn't realise the futility of it all? And how come the reality I had imagined is so very different from what's out there.... then you reflect upon and see that often reality is a hushed secret, a dirty double ended joke which we just didn't get!!!

No comments: