Sunday, May 6, 2007

Mind snap!

Some say reality is filtered , memory is never the same and one can't exist at two places at the same time. While I figured the last part isn't really true because in the metaphysical sense I exist in a recorded programme, I exist as a signature on a paper, I exist in old dusty snaps. Whereas each time I tried to recall how i got there... the story always differed. My memory always gave me different versions of the past. Yet I clinged on to it... because it never faded into nothingness. Memory a pictographic record of what had happened, lying beneath sheaths of present experiences. The frail wrinkled hands of my grandmother and how it touched my skin. I forget whether the hand was cold or was it at normal body temperature but what I do remember that I loved that embrace. It still exists the act of embrace in my memory as vivid as it was in real. My mind clicked a picture when I was embraced by my grandmother. Whenever I needed that embrace it emerged in my mind like a photograph. And the fact that I can still have that embrace at any time makes me really wonder whether I exist harmoniously in two time zones. ..... And do we all float in time to be with people whom we really love.

No comments: